This one is ideally best served on a sunny evening in Eskdale, after having spent at least an hour pitching a new tent. Twice. Preparing this is a lot easier.
- 1 Tin of chickpeas (450g)
- 2 Tablespoons of plain yogurt
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- Plenty of black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of tandoori powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon of mint (jar)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon or lime
- Salt to season
Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl.
I found the above quantities enough for 3 people as a starter. I can imagine making a large bowlful for diners to help themselves to before the main courses arrive.